The Town of Ticonderoga is located at the confluence of Lake George and Lake Champlain in the southeastern corner of Essex County, New York. Ticonderoga is entirely located within the Adirondack Park and nearly one-third of its land area is part of the State Forest Preserve.
A year-round community of approximately 5,200 residents with summer residents increasing the population substantially during the summer and fall months, Ticonderoga is a destination for tourists who love the lakes, mountains, historic landmarks, and a rich education in 18th century history. Ticonderoga’s significant military role in our nation’s early history remains a vital component of the community, with the Fort Ticonderoga historic landmark drawing around 100,000 visitors annually.
Notice regarding Regular Town Board Meeting July 8th with Public Hearing
The Town of Ticonderoga will be holding two Public Hearings on June 10th during the 6:00pm Regular Town Board Meeting.
- Introduce a proposed local law dissolving the Planning Board and vesting the Planning Board powers in the Zoning Board of Appeals.
- To hear all persons interested in the proposed water district formation for Chilson and Eagle Lake in accordance with the Map, Plan and Report
The town board meetings are now re-opened to the public and will be streamed live. For those residents wishing to participate in the public hearing, you may connect through the Town’s GoToMeeting platform to have the opportunity to be offer your statement or comment during the Public Hearing portion.
Partial Boil Water Order
The Town of Ticonderoga is under a Partial Boil Water Order from NYS Department of Health for water customers along Champlain Avenue from Montcalm Street to Father Jogues including Algonkin Street.
Click Here for more details.
2021 Essex County Hazardous Waste Days
Essex County will be hosting several Hazardous Waste Days this summer with drop off sites positioned in 4 town Transfer Stations.
Click Here for more details.
Federal & State Resources
County & Local Resources
- Essex County Government Website
- Essex County Health Department to view Daily Updates
- Essex County COVID-19 Testing Locations Updated
- NYS Travel Guidelines New Posting
- Ticonderoga Chamber of Commerce – Business Updates
- Industrial Development Agency
- United Way Community Resources Listing
- OneWorkSource Regional Youth Training & Education Program New Posting
- Cornell Cooperative Extension Supporting Health Families Program New Posting
Quick Fact Sheets
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 (ECHD)
- What You Need To Know About COVID-19 (CDC)
- What To Do If You Become Sick With COVID-19 (CDC)
- 5 Steps to Be Better Prepared (NYS DoH)
- 15 Days to Slow the Spread (The White House)
Materials for Coping with Social Isolation
- The Community Building is now OPEN to visitors from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM beginning April 5th
- Black Watch Memorial Library is OPEN
- Ti Senior Bus is operating normal hours