The Town of Ticonderoga is located at the confluence of Lake George and Lake Champlain in the southeastern corner of Essex County, New York. Ticonderoga is entirely located within the Adirondack Park and nearly one-third of its land area is part of the State Forest Preserve.
A year-round community of approximately 5,200 residents with summer residents increasing the population substantially during the summer and fall months, Ticonderoga is a destination for tourists who love the lakes, mountains, historic landmarks, and a rich education in 18th century history. Ticonderoga’s significant military role in our nation’s early history remains a vital component of the community, with the Fort Ticonderoga historic landmark drawing around 100,000 visitors annually.
Pop-Up Regional Food Pantry Drive-Thru
July 22nd from 12-3pm
Ticonderoga Middle School
Food is being distributed by the Northeast Regional Food Bank
Items likely to include frozen meats & chicken, produce, milk & dairy, fruit, juices, etc.
Food will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Remaining items will be donated to the Ticonderoga Food Pantry.
July 23rd from 10am – 1pm
Ticonderoga Elementary School – Alexandria Ave. (Front parking lot)
Farmers Markets are up and running which means Essex County Office for the Aging will be distributing Farmers Market Coupons to eligible older adults throughout the county. Due to COVID safety precautions, Farmers Market Coupons will NOT be distributed in our main office. Distribution will happen from the convenience of your vehicle! Please see the schedule below for a list of when we will be handing out coupons at a location near you. Clients are highly encouraged to attend our Drive-Thru Distributions; as quantities of coupons are limited. For more information, please call 518-873-3695. Schedule subject to change based on coupon availability.
Farmers Market Coupon Eligibility Requirements:
1. Must be age 60 or above.
2. Monthly Income at/or below 185% of Federal Poverty Level:
Rules and Procedures for All Locations:
- Clients and staff must be wearing masks at all times.
- Clients will remain in their vehicles at all times. An OFA staff member will distribute the necessary eligibility paperwork and booklets via the vehicle’s window.
- Please bring your own pen for sanitation purposes!
- Please be patient as the lines may be long, but wait times should be short.
- Only one coupon booklet per eligible older adult in each household; while quantities last.
- The eligible older adult must sign in person. A Power of Attorney with proper paperwork can sign for the coupons. A proxy may also sign only if the older adult signs a written statement designating that their proxy can pick up the coupons on their behalf.
Federal & State Resources
County & Local Resources
- Essex County Government Website
- Essex County Health Department to view Daily Updates
- Essex County COVID-19 Testing Locations Updated
- Ticonderoga Chamber of Commerce – Business Updates
- Industrial Development Agency
- United Way Community Resources Listing
Quick Fact Sheets
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 (ECHD)
- What You Need To Know About COVID-19 (CDC)
- What To Do If You Become Sick With COVID-19 (CDC)
- 5 Steps to Be Better Prepared (NYS DoH)
- 15 Days to Slow the Spread (The White House)
Materials for Coping with Social Isolation
- Town-Wide Notification (April 8th)
- The Town has issued a State of Emergency Declaration – Extension
- The Town has issued a Local Emergency Order – Extension
- The Town has issued a Order extending 2nd Qtr Penalty Period for Water & Sewer bills
- The Town has issued a Order reducing 3rd Qtr water/Sewer O&M Rates & Waiving 3rd & 4th Qtr Penalties for Water & Sewer bills
- The Community Building is now RE-OPEN to visitors between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM
- Town Court Cases have been ADJOURNED until August (incl V&T, Criminal & Small Claims)
- Black Watch Memorial Library is CLOSED
- Summer Youth Program has been CANCELLED for Summer 2020
- All Armory Activities are CANCELLED (After-School Youth Program / SilverBay Teen Center / ACAP Senior Meal Site / Ti Area Senior Center)
- Ti Senior Bus is back to operating normal hours
- All Schools are CLOSED Read More
COMMUNITY NEWS & EMERGENCY ALERTS
The Town of Ticonderoga would like to update you with Community News and
The Town of Ticonderoga will never sell or share your personal information
with a third party organization.
||Latest Press Releases|