The Town of Ticonderoga is located at the confluence of Lake George and Lake Champlain in the southeastern corner of Essex County, New York. Ticonderoga is entirely located within the Adirondack Park and nearly one-third of its land area is part of the State Forest Preserve.
A year-round community of approximately 5,200 residents with summer residents increasing the population substantially during the summer and fall months, Ticonderoga is a destination for tourists who love the lakes, mountains, historic landmarks, and a rich education in 18th century history. Ticonderoga’s significant military role in our nation’s early history remains a vital component of the community, with the Fort Ticonderoga historic landmark drawing around 100,000 visitors annually.
Notice regarding Regular Town Board Meeting January 14th with Public Hearing
This Town Board meeting will be held virtual for precautionary measures due to the increase in COVID-19 cases.
The Town of Ticonderoga will be holding a Public Hearing this evening during the 6:00pm Regular Town Board Meeting to address a property located at 56-58 Race Track Road under the Nuisance Law. For those residents wishing to participate in the public hearing, you may connect through the Town’s GoToMeeting platform to have the opportunity to be offer your statement or comment during the Public Hearing portion. Click Here for Details.
Federal & State Resources
County & Local Resources
- Essex County Government Website
- Essex County Health Department to view Daily Updates
- Essex County COVID-19 Testing Locations Updated
- Ticonderoga Chamber of Commerce – Business Updates
- Industrial Development Agency
- United Way Community Resources Listing
Quick Fact Sheets
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 (ECHD)
- What You Need To Know About COVID-19 (CDC)
- What To Do If You Become Sick With COVID-19 (CDC)
- 5 Steps to Be Better Prepared (NYS DoH)
- 15 Days to Slow the Spread (The White House)
Materials for Coping with Social Isolation
- The Community Building is CLOSED to visitors but departments are still accessible from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM via phone
- Town Court is currently SUSPENDED
- Black Watch Memorial Library is CLOSED
- All Armory Activities are CANCELLED (After-School Youth Program / SilverBay Teen Center / ACAP Senior Meal Site / Ti Area Senior Center)
- Ti Senior Bus is operating normal hours – Tuesday thru Thursday only
COMMUNITY NEWS & EMERGENCY ALERTS
The Town of Ticonderoga would like to update you with Community News and
The Town of Ticonderoga will never sell or share your personal information
with a third party organization.
||Latest Press Releases|