Ticonderoga Heritage Museum & Visitor Center
The industrial history of Ticonderoga cannot be told without describing paper mills, graphite mining, and pencils. The Heritage Museum preserves and interprets that history. Housed in the “1888 building,” the museum is the last remaining structure of the Ticonderoga Pulp and Paper Company that once covered the area now known as the Percy Thompson Bicentennial Park. The museum also hosts a Heritage Visitor Center along the Lakes to Locks Passage, with information about local points of interest.
The Museum offers historically accurate exhibits; creative children’s workshops, displays and exhibits which interpret the manufacturing techniques, educational tours of upper and lower La Chute River industries, and the history of:
– Ticonderoga Pulp & Paper Company
– International Paper Company
– American Graphite Company
– Other area industries