Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Trainee
The Town of Ticonderoga is seeking to fill the full-time position of Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Trainee. The successful candidate will be selected on the basis of education, general intelligence, basic knowledge of elementary chemistry and general science and mechanical aptitude. The trainee period will be limited to one year, during which time the employee will be required to satisfactorily complete the training and experience requirements to earn a Grade 2A Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator certification. The successful candidate will be expected to earn a Grade 3A Wastewater Treatment Plant operator certification thereafter, within an anticipated timeframe.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform study and reading assignments, observe demonstrations and otherwise learn the techniques of operation and maintenance of a wastewater treatment plant;
- Learn and assist in the inspection, maintenance, repair, operation and adjustment of pumps, valves, screens and related mechanical equipment;
- Learn and assist in regulating and adjusting chlorinators and other chemical feeders, washing filters and settling basins;
- Perform routine manual labor functions such as digging, building maintenance, repairs, etc.;
- Clean channels, screens, tanks and other equipment;
- Learns and assists in the preparation and maintenance of activity records and reports;
- Perform increasingly responsible duties as assigned in the operation and maintenance of a wastewater treatment plant and distribution systems.
Minimum Qualifications: Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred.
Graduation from high school or possession of a New York State high school equivalency diploma and at least one year of experience in a trade or in the construction field is required.
This is a Union covered position. The Town of Ticonderoga offers a competitive wage and benefits package.
Submission Requirements: Applicants must complete a Town of Ticonderoga job application and submitted via email, mail or in-person to:
Tonya Thompson, Town Clerk
132 Montcalm Street
Ticonderoga, NY 12883
Submission Deadline: April 8, 2022
The Town of Ticonderoga is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested applicants should complete the Job-Application and submit it along with a letter of interest and/or a resume to the Town of Ticonderoga, Attn: Personnel Office, P.O. Box 471, Ticonderoga, NY 12883. You can also email your application to Rebecca Norton at [email protected].
The Town Board reserves the right to accept/reject any/all applications. The Town of Ticonderoga is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.