336 Vineyard Road
Transfer Station Hours: Tuesday – Saturday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM (excluding holidays)
Refuse should be brought in clear bags. Refuse items are weighed and paid for by the pound with a transfer station punch card. Furniture and mattresses acceptable, too.
Punch cards are sold in denominations of $6, $15, or $30 and are available for purchase at the Town Clerk’s Office by check or cash. Additionally, punch cards can be purchased by check only at the transfer station.
The transfer station also provides free disposal of recyclable items. These include #1 and #2 plastic containers, glass, cans, junk mail, shredded paper, magazines, newspapers, paperboard, cardboard, and scrap metal.
Landfill Fee Schedule
Please pay with check or Landfill Punch Card at the site
- $6 Ticket Items
- clothes washers
- clothes dryers
- hot water heaters
- trash compactors
- cooking stoves
- refrigerators (w/o freon)
- air conditioners (w/o freon)
- $12 Ticket Items
- refrigerators (w/ freon)
- air conditioners (w/ freon)
- C & D materials :: $24 per 1/2 cu. yd.
- shingles :: $30 per 1/2 cu. yd.
- $ 3 :: less than 15″ diameter
- $ 6 :: between 16″-19″ diameter
- $12 :: between 20″-24″ diameter
- $ 6 :: local residents
- $12 :: non-residents
- $21 :: dump truck size loads
- Items with No Charge
- scrap metal, nails, screws, bikes, grills
Electronics are currently not accepted as per NY State Department of Environmental Conservation mandate.
Banner photo by Tonya Whitford Condon